Just something I wrote. <3

Post a story about your rescued Border Collie and how they came into your family.

Just something I wrote. <3

New postby Loreebee on Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi, loreebee's daughter again. c:

Something I wrote. C: Too many sad dog stories out there. There are so many happy endings, and there aren't enough happy stories about it. so. XD

THANK YOU~a dog's story of love.
by Hana.

Before I met you, all I knew was the darkness of the alleyways, the icy clicking of hunkering dogs' claws who roamed the rough concrete streets that scraped delicate puppy pads like mine, desperate just to survive. All I knew was the thick stench of gasoline, and screeching of brakes. Before I met you, all I knew was the constant fear of what would happen, the piercing cold that penetrated my fluffy puppy coat, the aching hunger.

I remember the day that all changed. The scent of oil and gasoline wafted towards us, accompanied by a low whine of tires skidding to a stop on the cracked concrete. The moments after that seemed to blur together in a mix of scents, colors and sounds. I remember the urgent barking of frightened dogs, cold metal rubbing my pads raw, the sound of nervous panting and the screeching of brakes, but amidst all of that...I remember feeling a gentle touch of something warm. I didn't know what it was, but it filled me with curiosity, and with something I had never felt before...hope. I remember peering through icy bars, cautiously perking a fluffy, nicked ear. I remember gazing out, searching, pleading for that gentle something again. I didn't know where I was, and I was scared. I remember whimpering and crying, then...it happened again. A warm, secure cradle. I don't remember what happened after that, just that for the first time, feeling safe.

I remember stirring, blinking open my eyes to excited, eager yaps, and the quiet, gentle hum of voices and eager whispers all around me. I remember hunkering down, fluffy tail between my legs. I was terrified, shaking, my eyes squeezed tight shut...and then I heard your voice. It was warm, and gave me that same, secure feeling that I loved so much. I remember squinting up at you through the bars, gazing into your warm, loving eyes as you gazed into mine. I don't know why...but in that moment I knew. Everything was going to be okay.

I remember the first time you cuddled me, wrapping me in a warm, secure cradle. I remember you whispering a loving, quiet promise in my ear as I wiggled up close to you. I remember you giggling as I swiped you with my soft tongue, filled with joy and happiness, returning that same promise. To love and to be loved.

I'll never forget that day. The day you cuddled me, brought me home, and promised. Promised to love me forever, no matter what. It was the first time I ever felt love, felt hope. You taught me what love was. How to be loved, to be happy....to love. It was the first time I knew that everything was going to be okay.

Now I know what love is. And it gets stronger every day, with every cuddle, with every lick; every loving whisper and warm hug. Thank you, now I know. For sure. I'm loved. And always will be. <3
Loreebee

Return to Rescue Dog Stories