A Border Collie's World

A Border Collie, a priest, and a rabbi walk into a bar.... Know any good Border Collie jokes? Post them here.

A Border Collie's World

New postby 3ringcircus on Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:19 am

Gotta love it =)

The World According to Border Collies

1. I will chase anything that moves - get used to it.
2. I consider myself to be an integral part of the family - don't treat me like a mere dog.
3. I will stick my nose into everyone's business and feel compelled to comment upon my observations.
4. If you should leave me behind, I shall consider this an aberration of proper behavior and will voice my disapproval...loud and long...often accompanied by frantic twirling and jumping.
5. I will determine which of your friends is worthy of my affection, and which are to be observed at a distance, before a verdict is rendered. All decisions are final.
6. I will follow you to the ends of the earth, and ALWAYS into the bathroom.
7. No door is considered to be closed as long as I can push it open with my nose.
8. Give me plenty of toys and activities to keep me busy. You don't want me finding tasks on my own - trust me on this.
9. I have absolutely no qualms about stealing FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD from any source available, even if it is from the mouths of babes.
10. I will sense your every mood and will be happy or sad along with you.
11. I will give you the best moments of our lives and memories you will cherish forever.
Monica
Boomerang - 6yr old BC/Aussie
Cooper - 2yr old Beagle
3ringcircus

Re: A Border Collie's World

New postby Irishsmiley15 on Wed May 07, 2008 7:15 am

so true!!!

"6. I will follow you to the ends of the earth, and ALWAYS into the bathroom.
7. No door is considered to be closed as long as I can push it open with my nose."

along with so many others this is so very true!!!
I love Champ..and little Joker.
Irishsmiley15
Long-time Member

New postby PCarpenter on Wed May 21, 2008 11:04 am

Hey, 3ring, this is great! You forgot one rule though:

The large flat device in the bedroom is intended for my pleasure. Do not be upset if I sprawl out in all directions from smack dab in the middle. Please remember that I am a border collie and have been on the go since the crack of dawn. You, on the other hand, have been sitting on your fat fanny at a desk for most of the day. Be honest. Which one of us is more in need of a good night's rest? So I snore. Get over it.
PCarpenter

New postby 3ringcircus on Sun May 25, 2008 12:27 am

Oh so true, Pcarpenter... oh so true... we humans should be thankful they see fit to share a small portion of that large flat thing with our fat fannys :lol: . As for the snoring, I've actually watched my bc "accidentally" kick my bf(who snores) and give him dirty looks until he wakes up enough to stop snoring... now you tell me, who's the boss?
Monica
Boomerang - 6yr old BC/Aussie
Cooper - 2yr old Beagle
3ringcircus

New postby cydonia7 on Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:21 am

Thank you so much for posting this! I was just trying to explain to my sister why I couldn't imagine life without the silly antics of a Border Collie and your post helps so much!
cydonia7

New postby PCarpenter on Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:13 pm

You know, I always have to laugh about the bathroom thing. Why is it that your dogs can be happily engaged in a solitary activity, you can wander the house and they pay no attention, but you head for the throne and they have to be RIGHT THERE?!? I keep thinking about one day when a friend was over with her dog, I had to use the facilities down the hall. Since there was no one to see me and my dog was following I left the door open. My dog came in. Her dog came in. And my friend calls out, "You want me to come too?" I replied, "Why not? Everybody else is in here!" Bear in mind this is a very tiny bathroom....
PCarpenter

New postby djd on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:16 pm

cute story and sooo true. bc's are just the best and most fun. in fact, mine is sitting right here next to me while i am typing this. dj
djd

New postby TrishD on Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:39 pm

Tessie's been with us nearly three months and she already strictly adheres to rule #6. I can't even stand up without her getting up to see where I'm going. And #7 definitely applies to my daughter's bedroom. Oh, and #5? She's decided my son's friends are out and my daughter's friends are in. She's probably smarter than my son, since he still keeps hanging out with those losers. :lol:
Trish
Cobi | Tessie | Sonic (RIP, dog of my heart) | Hinckley (RIP)
TrishD

Return to Border Collie Humor