I got a laught out of this...

A Border Collie, a priest, and a rabbi walk into a bar.... Know any good Border Collie jokes? Post them here.

I got a laught out of this...

New postby jjean on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:52 am

Some of you already know the story of Bubba , a senior Border Collie just wanting to retire to Florida. All attempts to transport this sad soul ended back at my farm. Don't get me wrong this dog is a gem. A diamond that has been roughed up. But he was getting a chance to retire to Florida and not have to live through another winter in below 10 degrees after 3" of ice. Ok, freak winter.

I was having lunch with friends on Wednesday and explained Bubba ordeal. All about the Jeep breaking down on the highway, getting to the airport after the plane was to depart, and finding out the plane couldn’t land due to weather. (That’s the short version.) Though Bubba has a good chance with a ride this Sunday,I jokingly ask if anyone was interested in giving this dog a home here. One friend spoke up and said her parents might give him a home but they couldn’t take him till the family got back from vacation.

When asked where they were going on vacation…. Florida!
Jean
The Twins: Jack "Baby Dog" & Zip "Mr. Handsome"- 14 yr. old BC brothers
Bo "Granite Head"- 13 yr old Blue Healer/BC mix
Cinnamon 1996-2011 Running free at the Bridge
jjean
Long-time Member

Re: I got a laught out of this...

New postby ewenityfarm on Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:14 am

so close but yet so far..................................... :mrgreen:
Jill Hurst
Ewenity Farm
Bradenton,Fl