This little lady was running with her litter mate. They look to have been on their own for awhile.
She is very friendly. If unclaimed she ewill be available for adoption 06/16/2012.
Animal ID : 16434806
Breed : Border Collie / Mix
Gender : Female
Color : Black / White
Spayed/Neutered : No
Size : Medium
They sound like a very nice shelter but they are small. They are also rescue friendly.
We are just a city pound. Some days we have 20-30 dogs in our 18 kennels. Our main focus is to reunite lost pets with their owners. Alot of the time thats not what happens. We hold all of our strays 72 hours. Then they are put up for adoption depending on the circumstances. Some of our small dogs & pure breeds get lucky and get moved to rescues. 90% of the animals at our shelter are strays that were picked up off the streets. The other 10% are because their owner died, owner was in a bad accident, they were abandoned when the owner moved, or law enforcement arrested their owner. Whatever the case may be, it's not that we don't want to help the animals outside our city limits, it's just that we are not able to. We may not have what your looking for right away, but keep checking with us because last year we had 1,364 animals that came thru our shelter. And we had just about 1,300 that we turned down from owners trying to get rid of them and strays outside our city limits.
1022 S. Main St, Elk City, OK, 73644